Monday, July 28, 2014

True Love

The trees looked greener. The roads were tempting. And the song was playing... Main tenu samjhawan ki, Na tere bina lagda jee...!

The moment was romantic. I remembered SRK from DDLJ. I had a big crush on him. And I detested Varun Dhawan in Humpty Sharma ki Dulhaniya. Maybe I have grown older and mature. Maybe more sensible? I wonder why any decent girl like Alia would fall for such a vagabond?

...But at this moment I was in love!

Yesterday's movie scenes played through my mind. Urmila Kanitkar & Adinath Kothare had been to a lovely village in the movie Anvatt. As a wanderlust, I traveled to that village in my mind trying to breathe in the cool air, trying to hear the wind speak, soaking in the greenery and getting drenched in the rains.

I saw black and blue and brown raincoats. Colorful umbrellas. Some preferred to get wet. Some closed their eyes and drove their vehicles! Some covered their back sacks with "Big Bazaar" plastic bags.

My phone beeped and I read a Whatsapp forward. It was a tip on parenting. I thought of my kids. Would they be feeling too cold? Both refused to wear jackets today. I thought of the way they welcome me back home in the evenings. Two pairs of happy eyes. The tight hugs...

...Life is beautiful... And I am so much in love!

The song changed its rhythm and I felt like dancing... Dil mein hai armaan jitne, saare jagaake naach... Tan mein badan mein jaise aag lagaake naach...!

The clouds had formed a lovely pattern in the sky. If I had to paint those clouds, I would have to use the colors alizarin crimson, yellow ochre, cadmium orange, payne's gray, burnt sienna... And even if I thought I have painted an original, I would have actually copied from the masterpiece made by God.

...I felt creative... I felt love!

Tiny drops of water were falling on the ground. I was wondering what power these drops of rain had. They could change my mood, make me feel alive. Life never felt so beautiful and the song that followed felt apt.
Yeh saajish hai boondon ki... Koi khwahish hai chup chup si... dekho na...!

A car speeding by suddenly splashed water all over my wind shield and I was jolted. It took a while for the wipers to clear the water. I looked around - I was in the midst of Hinjewadi traffic. I smiled to myself. Yes, I was smiling in the midst of the Hinjewadi traffic!

...I was feeling so happy, so peaceful. It seemed like life was full of love!

I love the monsoons. And it got to be true love. Why else would a 75 min drive to office on a crowded Monday morning be so beautiful?!

16 comments:

Prakash Hiranandani said...

Hi Mukta,
This is Prakash Hiranandani, your old batch mate from PICT. You write really well, too good.

Prakash Hiranandani said...

Hi Mukta,
This is Prakash Hiranandani, your old batch mate from PICT. You write really well, too good.

Prakash Hiranandani said...

Hi Mukta,
This is Prakash Hiranandani, your old batch mate from PICT. You write really well, too good.

Neha said...

Awesome Mukta .... such simple comments on a normal monday morning ... felt the same lot many times but could have never written it so beautifully as you did .... hats off!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow.. I work with u on daily basis, I dint know u r so artistic.. u simply rocked....

Unknown said...

Waah waah....nice blog mukta...wonderful writing

Uday Subhedar said...

When in love, everything just happens
When in love, many things don't matter

Mukta A said...

Thanks Prakash, Neha, Prabhu, Ameya! :)
Well said Uday dada !

मिनल मेढेकर said...

Mukta... ur post is so beautiful that even towards the end of monsoon i could actually get the feel of July.. too good... :)

Laxmi Udaseen Upadhyaya said...

Hi Mukta....this article is too good. You write so wonderful. I am amazed.

All I am remembering is you in front of me. All those scenes are flashing in front of me when I came to your beautiful home and you had arranged an awesome Dinner !!

Keep writing and I would feel you in front of me always like this...

Mukta A said...

Thanks Minal & Laxmi! :)

Poonam said...

Wow! This blog is indeed written very beautifully.I am on my way back home from office thinking it would rain and yes my prayers are answered:), it's raining �� I too was very happy and content looking at the wet roads and those green trees. And there I open fb to read your beautiful blog that added more happiness:). You are truly awesome, keep rocking!

Poonam said...

Wow! This blog is indeed written very beautifully.I am on my way back home from office thinking it would rain and yes my prayers are answered:), it's raining �� I too was very happy and content looking at the wet roads and those green trees. And there I open fb to read your beautiful blog that added more happiness:). You are truly awesome, keep rocking!

Mukta A said...

Thanks Poonam! Nice to know you too enjoy the rains! And I read your poems on FB too, you rock! :)

amitpingle said...

Very well written Mukta ! Like a lot reading your blog always

Unknown said...

Masta mukti !! Loved it :)