Thursday, December 16, 2010

Five Point Someone

I read this book a month ago. Yes, I know I have been too late to read this book! But the point is, I finally read it. I read it after watching the lovely movie "3 idiots". And the book did not seem so much appealing! That's because, the book has been modified so well into a lovely movie with a lovely plot that the book seemed very dull. Ryan Oberoi's character in the book has been positively transformed into Rancho (Aamir Khan) in 3 idiots. That was the best change in the book. Overall, the movie was a lot better than the book.

I have also read "The 3 mistakes of my life" and "2 states". I liked the former and loved the latter! "The 3 mistakes of my life" is a simple narrative kind of a book. "2 states" is a very cute love story.

I don't plan to read "1 night at the call center" since I have already watched the movie! :)

1 comment:

Ketan said...

I think since u read the book after the movie, u found it ordinary. But when the book was released, it was unputdownable. I would rather say that the book and the movie are altogether different experiences. The book was an instant hit, as it talked a lot about hostel life, crushes, pressure in engineering... and for the first time, some one was writing about the pressures at IIT and the back benchers there... I think this played an important role in making the book a big big success. The movie is great absolutely, but its actually simply inspired by the idea of three hostelite friends, and nothing else.
As regards to "one night", I loved the book, never bothered about the movie (cant watch Sohail Khan in any format), but its a typical masala book... 2 states is awesome, I believe about to be made into a movie too...