Friday, May 05, 2006

Rules Don't Work On Me

Dont you think everyone around you observes you, scrutinizes you? Dont you ever get get irritated by the inferences people draw from your actions? Well one day I did get irritated...!!

If my mood changed from sad to bright today
By listening to a romantic tune,
Don’t conclude that I love music.
This music can bring back nostalgia.

If I plucked a rose on my way daily,
Don’t say I am fond of roses.
Sometimes they prick me.

If I dropped a few pennies on the hands of a needy
When I saw his hungry face and tired eyes,
Don’t think I have a soft heart.
I can be very mean at times.

If I prayed to God daily
And thanked him for all that he has given me...
Don’t believe that I am His worshipper.
I also blame him for all my failures.

If your first assumption about me was correct
And so was the second.
Don’t assume you would always be right about me.
Rules don’t work on me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

good one.

Gaurav said...

vow, beautiful !

Sonali said...

baap re sahii!!!

Makarand said...

Very true, for me too. Rules work on me, sometimes, then, they dont too !!!

Prashanth(MSP) said...

nice.

No one has ever quatified a ladies mind!!

A proud rebel .... is that the image projected?

Mukta A said...

@Prashanth(MSP):
good one! :)
but no, i am not projecting a proud rebel image!