Thursday, June 15, 2006

The Void

I wrote this poem exactly 1 year back!

Floating in the vacuum...
Searching in the void...
Living in the present,
With emotions devoid.

I dont remember the past
I've forgotten its demise.
I dont worry about the future
I'm not waiting for any surprise.

Taking one moment at a time,
I'm living in the present.
I'm searching for something unknown,
In the hollow of each moment.

I'm just sailing with the time
Counting hours, couting days.
I am unable to comprehend
Destiny's bateful ways.

8 comments:

Snehal said...

and what do you have to say now mukta ? Did you find what u were searching for in the hollow of each moment ? :)
Nice poem!

ams said...

good one!

Mukta A said...

thanks!

@snehal:
the poem projects the need for some definite aims, goals in life. they seemed to be missing last year for me! :)
now yes, my life is shaped into a beautiful garden, and i can see all my dreams come true! slowly but steadily i am carving a pavement in my garden, so that i may walk on it to reach my destination! :)

Sweta said...

nice poem mukta. it shows how one can still worry about the unknown by not worrying, still wait for the surprise without expecting... live in the present ...
Thats human nature I guess - inspite of having all - we feel something is missing - and we search for the next destination. that is also necessary - afterall life is a journey.

Mukta A said...

wow sweta, very well said! :)

teja2001 said...

mukta, sahi ahe poem. mala swatahla jamat nahi aajibat asla kahi, pan i enjoy reading other people's thoughts.

timora said...

hey there..nice poem....i feel like i am in the same rut right now....just floating through life...not expecting anything from life but taking one day at a time..
mukta

Mukta A said...

thanks muks..!
and there isnt anything wrong in being such a state, right?! :)