Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Din Hua Begin!

My day today started on an exciting note. This blog is to share today morning's happenings with you! :)

Getting up early morning is really challenging for me. Today when I got up at 6.30am, it was an accomplishment for me! Then, I was once again content, with the "lunch-dabba" that I prepared, which included one "raita" in addition to the "bhaaji". I also had time to have breakfast, before I ran to catch my bus at 8.15am.

Today was "palakhi day". Our office had revised the bus routes and timings. But unfortunately, they had sent a mail, after I had left office the previous day. I relied on a friend's comment that a different bus would be expected on my bus stop at 8.20am. So I was at the stop from 8.15am and I waited and waited and waited. But my bus did not come! :(

But then a PMT bus going to Hadapsar (thats where my office is) arrived. I was about to climb, but the conductor said that the bus will not go to Hadapsar, since all the roads there are blocked! I left the bus. Then another private bus came. I waved out my hand, and it stopped! I asked the driver which bus it was. He replied "Hadapsar"! "Wow, I thought... Wherever this bus is going, I can atleast reach Hadapsar"! When I got into the bus, I realised that it belonged to another company at Hadapsar! :)

So far so good. This bus now almost reaches the Solapur Road, which leads to Hadapsar. But then, there is diversion. The roads are blocked. The driver is confused. And he drives round and round. Even he doesnt know where we are going. But he doesnt lose hope. Nor did I! And then, after 30mins we land up somewhere on Solapur Road.

But hey! I have to get down here. This bus must go to its company. And I have to go in the opposite direction. So I get down.

And I look at this Solapur Road... On one side of the road, "warkaris" are walking. Huge number! The other half of the road, there is traffic jam. And there are giant wheels. And bangle-sellers, cheap plastic and metal items being sold, water puddles, humid heat of the monsoons, lots of people- all dressed in their best attire- they had come to see "palakhi" & enjoy the festive atmosphere!

What was not there on that half-road was, transport to reach my company which was about 5kms from there. Should I walk? No wait, I thought. I found a rick. But realised that the rick had moved only 0.5 km in 0.5 hrs! So I began walking!

I was so furious. The obvious choice of venting out anger on, was the travel-organisers at my office. I was cursing them, for I dont know what! Just when my anger was at its peak, I actually saw "Dnyaneshwar Palakhi". And I began to feel my anger subside!

I took palakhi-darshan. And then, once again with a content heart, I began to trod towards my office.

Soon I reached a point from where I could take a rick. In another 30mins, I was in my cubicle narrating today's "Din-Hua-Begin-Episode" to my colleagues! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sahii ga! Palkhi Darshan whaycha hota mhnun he sagla zala.. everything happens for the best!

Anonymous said...

Sahiii Muktabai !!
I experienced similar things on Parvati Rd last year..
Stand-still traffic :) You just can't do anything abt it !! Hahahaha

-Mrudul..

teja2001 said...

as someone has said in one of the comments above, it was destined that u have a darshan of the palakhi. I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason (though some recent events have come close to shattering this belief). Hope that such good things do continue to happen to you always.

Vivek said...

Good God... 6.30am??? I'd never have caught the bus!

teja2001 said...

hey, check out my new posts. Please do comment on them.