Friday, July 21, 2006

Still...

I feel I have lost my heart,
And still I can hear it beat...
There is silence all around,
And still I can hear a song sweet...

You aren't beside me,
And still you, I everywhere see...
You aren't talking just now,
But your voice is reaching me...

You aren't looking at me,
But I can still feel your glance...
I think about you quietly,
But I feel my heart dance...

You aren't sitting behind me,
But still I turn around to see you...
You aren't calling me,
But I go out to look for you...

I keep your thoughts aside for sometime,
And decide to work for a while...
But you come back in my thoughts,
And you quietly make me smile...

11 comments:

teja2001 said...

hey mukta, this is a poem which speaks about someone being away (not necessarily physically, but even mentally might do). But as far as I know, you are not in this situation. None the less, this is a really nice poem. It actually applies to me really well.

Keep on blogging and the comments on my posts too.

Vivek said...

Lovely poem... soft and eloquent!
Poetry and painting are two things beyond the realm of my abilities! :)

Meen said...

Wow muktee .. poetry is beyond my ability too :-)

Sonali said...

sahiiiiii!!!

Makarand said...

verry nice ... tell me ... did u pen this one fine no-work afternoon :) very nice work indeed ... write more ! more power to ur pen !

ams said...

;)

amitpingle said...

I did not know you verse so well.
Very nice poetry !!!

shashi said...

Words can never fully describe the emotions we undergo. But this poem is a very good attempt to bridge the gap. Great goin' :-) Keep Posting.

till then,
shashi.

Mukta A said...

thanks!
makarand - yes, the poem is a byproduct of a "less-work" afternoon!! :))

Unknown said...

Hi Mukta, I used to write verse in now what seems aeons ago. Thanks to you, I'm motivated to revive it again. Nice thoughts and like one of the other comments said, more power to your keyboard!!

Novice said...

soulful n hence touching..